With the abundance of pumpkins around our place, we find lots of ways to use them. I put together this recipe for pumpkin muffins using cornmeal. Although they contain quite a bit of brown sugar, they are not too sweet to carry a load of jam or apple butter, or to eat with your turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin pulp
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- Grease tins, pre-heat oven to 375o.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine the two bowls, stir until everything is wet; lumpy is OK.
- Fill tins and bake about 25 minutes.