Kohlrabi & Havarti
Here's a contribution to northern cuisine that combines a favorite northern cole crop, a favorite northern European seasoning, and a Scandinavian cheese. Simple.
- A couple of kohlrabi, sliced into small chunks
- Caraway seed
- Evaporated milk
- Shredded havarti cheese
- Seasoned salt
You can serve this as a side dish or, on toast, as a main.
- Put a little water in a skillet and steam the kohlrabi until it is just about done, then pour off any excess water.
- Add butter and caraway seed, lightly saute, salt.
- Mix a little flour into the butter, as for a gravy.
- Add evaporated milk, then shredded havarti, and let it bubble until thick.