So you go away for a week or so, and when you come back there is something long and green lying under your zucchini bush. That's what we call a North Dakota crocodile. What you can do with such a beast is make crocodile fritters. The recipe below is substantially one lifted from the Christian Science Monitor. We doctored it up a little, most notably by adding the jalapeno peppers, which give it a little more zip. You may have your own ideas as to garden produce or seasonings to add to the mix. Ours is never the same twice.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped jalapenos or chiles
- chopped cilentro or parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Handful of flour
- Salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning mix
- Canola oil, or whatever you like to fry with
These are nice with a little sour cream, and a salad on the side.
- Mix the vegetables, herbs, cheese, eggs, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet for frying
- Fry blobs of the zucchini mix in oil